Adult Faith Formation
Each year, St. Patrick’s Church runs several different Adult Faith Formation opportunities. Using the best of materials, both written and video, the Word of God is broken open in such a way so as to move the mind and the heart to more fully grasp and love God’s Word. Through the group experience, one can witness God’s presence, form friendships, and grow closer to God and others in a Bible Study.
2023 ADULT FAITH FORMATION
Bible Study Now Forming
Lectio Mark: Faith Not Fear
Dates: January 24 – May 9, 2023 (14 weeks)
Tuesday Evening, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: St. Joseph Room
Do you follow Jesus ‘on the way’? Join your fellow parishioners along with presenter Dr. Tim Gray in this powerful 14-part video/discussion series to discover the Gospel of Mark like never before. Immerse yourself in this action-packed Gospel that offers Saint Peter’s account of Christ’s life and teaching. Combining the insights of Dr. Tim Gray with the masterful artistry of the Augustine Institute, this Lectio series uses the Church’s rich tradition of Lectio Divina to help you better understand and better pray with the Gospel of Mark. For more details about this study, visit https://lectiostudy.org/mark/.
This 14-week series will be held on Tuesday nights from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM in the St. Joseph Room beginning January 24, 2023. There is an optional $15.00 fee for those who wish to purchase the workbook.
To register for this study simply click here or please contact Anne Marie Gillinger at email@example.com.
“Habits for Holiness” – A Book Discussion Group with Seminarian Augustine Reimers
Dates: Thursdays in February (2, 9, 16, & 23) 2023
Time: 7:00 PM – 8:15 PM
Where: St. Joseph Room / Parish Religious Education Center
How do you grow closer to sainthood in your daily life? Fr. Mark-Mary, CFR, the Director of Communications for the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal and a regular Ascension Presents speaker, answers this question. He takes 800 years of wisdom from the Franciscans and provides small and manageable steps that can lead anyone to great holiness.
Join Seminarian Augustine Reimers in unpacking Fr. Mark-Mary’s book: Habits for Holiness: Small Steps for Making Big Spiritual Progress. The book is all about making spiritual progress on the journey of living out the faith, of prayer, and of virtue. Along with your fellow parishioners, take the first small step toward sainthood! This 4-week book discussion group will meet on Thursday nights beginning on February 2. All are welcome! To sign up, please contact the Parish Office or sign up online here. Of note, please purchase a copy of the book in advance either through Amazon or Ascension Press. For questions, contact Jen Keller at 610-444-4364.
Why join a Faith Formation Program?
Some thoughts from those who have participated in an adult faith formation offering at St. Patrick Parish:
- “Studying the Bible has opened my eyes, my intellect, and my heart to Christ and His Church as never before. All the pieces have finally fallen into place.”
- “To learn more is to love more.”
- “Studying Scripture has enhanced my understanding of our rich Faith heritage. It’s as though Mass was one-dimensional and in black and white before attending class. Now I see in color and want so much to share this wonderful Good News!”
- “I started attending Bible Study to learn more about the Bible and my faith. What I found was an extraordinary experience of discovery that has brought me into a personal relationship with Christ enhancing my faith in ways I never imagined.”
- “Taking part in Bible Study has been a passionately life changing experience–quite literally thrown open the doors to reveal the truth, beauty, and mystery contained within the dynamic heart and soul of our Catholic Faith.”
- “I’ve gained a humbling awe for our Catholic faith and learned how to better live it through the various studies and the influence of other people attending the programs. I have a greater love for God and have gained a beloved faith community.”
- “Bible study has given me greater insight into the Biblical stories that were written describing Jesus’ teaching and his preaching of our Catholic faith.”
- “I found the group to be so alive with the Holy Spirit that it was contagious.”
- “Enriching as the course material is, even more inspiring are the weekly discussions and hearing how others live their faith.”
- “The opportunity to study, discuss, and even question with fellow Catholics is a perfect way to begin a life long habit of reading the Bible.”
Contact the Parish Office for more information.