|A warm welcome from Father
Rogers, our pastor:
Greetings to you in Christ Jesus Our Lord! Thank you for visiting our parish website. In this information age, the message of Jesus Christ reaches to the ends of the world and connects us near and far. Here on our parish website, I hope you find here the information about our parish that you need: Mass times, location and parish contacts. But most of all, I do hope you have an opportunity to visit our beautiful Church. For here at St. Patrick's, you will find the formation, the hope, the Presence of Jesus Christ alive in his Church. You are always welcome in Kennett Square and at St. Patrick's Church.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is held every Monday beginning at 8:00 am concluding at 7:30 pm with Benediction.
"The Church and the world
Have great need of Eucharistic Adoration
Jesus waits for us in this Sacrament of Love"
- Pope John Paul II
At this time of year, our neighboring parochial schools, St Maximilian, West Chester, St. Cornelius, Chadds Ford, BVM, West Grove, and Sacred Heart, Oxford are all accepting new students. You are reminded if you are contemplating a move to one of these schools that St. Patrick’s parish office must be informed as part of the mechanism of registration. We encourage families registered in this parish to consider one of these Catholic parochial schools for their children.
Parents of the parish with children already in these schools are reminded that they need to inform St. Patrick's in writing of their decision to continue enrollment for the 2015-2016 school year. This has to do with the subsidy our parish pays the receiving school.
Lent and the Year of Mercy Opportunities:
- BEST LENT EVER Program: Matthew Kelly, the author of Rediscovering Jesus, is offering a daily two-minute video that will take you thru the Rediscovering Jesus book chapter by chapter. I encourage you to visit www.dynamiccatholic.com/bestlentever to register. You will receive daily emails throughout Lent.
- Corporal & Spiritual Works Of Mercy: Our parish will be high-lighting the corporal and spiritual works of mercy. Mercy Moment Slips will be available each week in Church. Select a slip and practice that work of mercy. An Acts of Mercy Journal will provide a chance for you to give witness and praise God for the good that was done.
- Prayer of St. Francis: Beginning next week and continuing thru the Year of Mercy, we will recite a portion of St. Francis' Prayer to conclude our General Intercessions. Cards will be in the pew.
- I am most excited to announce that our parish has received a print of Rembrant's Return of the Prodigal. It will grace our sanctuary next week.
- Thursday Evenings of Reflection: Feb. 11th at 7 PM, Fr. Rogers will offer a reflection on Rembrant's Return of the Prodigal. And February 18th at 7 PM, Megan Coakley from the Archdiocese will offer a presentation on the Year of Mercy.
- Regular Lenten Practices including Stations of the Cross, Adoration, increased Confession opportunities will be offered throughout Lent.
|Like St. Patrick Church on Facebook
212 Meredith Street
Kennett Square, PA
- 5:00 PM Saturday Vigil
- 7:30 AM Sunday
- 9:00 AM Sunday
- 10:30 AM Sunday
- 12:00 PM Sunday
- 7:30 AM Monday - Friday
- 8:00 AM Saturday
View the Latest
Listen to Weekly Homilies
by Fr. Rogers